the best use of mercury retrograde ... and the heart and head of creatives come together this summer

Mercury is retrograde until June 11th.

I remember when most people had never heard of Mercury Retrograde and now it seems like poor Mercury (planet of communication and MAGIC) is being shamed/blamed for everything that goes wrong!

This is probably because 1. the internet has exposed many more people to astrological teachings 2. most people are moving so fast now any sort of slowdown feels like a problem  3. it's a convenient excuse when stuff falls to shit (pardon my french), especially stuff that would normally be considered our fault

The truth is, although we don't want to spend too much time looking backward, there probably is a telephone pole 20 yards from that guy's head, we can't full steam ahead through life either.

Life doesn't stop because Mercury (or any other planet) is retrograde.


Yes, it's not a good time to sign an ironclad contract (but how many ironclad contracts will we sign in our lifetimes anyway) because conditions will change later and we might be stuck.

For most things that come up during Mercury Retrograde we can change our mind later (yes, we're human, this is usually allowed). We can also wait. If we buy something big now, especially something with fast moving parts, we can keep our receipts and we can buy that service contract we always refuse to spend the money on. If our hair colorist is on vacation and the substitute gives us a really bad vibe, maybe our roots can wait until our colorist gets back.

Yup, there's that waiting thing again.

Hubs and I noticed how we hate waiting for tables now. We used to always wait for a table when we went out to eat. Now we very rarely ever do and when we do it's frustrating. Not waiting is the new normal so waiting feels like ... well, waiting.

(now life is tricky and Mercury is actually known as 'the trickster' and also a genius and knows that the best - and possibly only - way to develop patience is to encounter situations that require this of us - life sends us an opportunity to learn patience by practicing patience - in other words - delays, traffic situations, time spent waiting - you get the picture)

If we obsess over everything that can go wrong during a Mercury Retrograde we will miss our chance to experience what can go right.

This is the time when we get sightings of what's arriving. Mercury says .... "hold up there a minute, don't rush forward too quickly. This may take a little time girl."

NOTE - we have a ground breaking Uranus/Jupiter trine beginning today and continuing through mid July - this could be BIG TIME creative expansion. Trines are comfortable energy patterns though and sometimes we fail to take advantage of them.

If you are struggling with something like - you are doing A and it's doing OK, nothing like what you want it to do, but you aren't eating cat food for dinner and you also have B which is something you prefer and you think there is ultimately more in it for you and others but neither A nor B are anywhere near their potential.

If you abandon A you lose the modest money you are making. If you abandon B you lose potential and a little bit of your heart because you like it better. As long as you are spending time on A you can't spend it on B. As long as your heart is attached to B you can't put your heart into A.  

As long as you are doing both neither can succeed. 

Some creatives are a little ahead of the pack and used the Uranus/Pluto squares to break through this stuff with a sledgehammer - for those still stuck, this new astrological transit can move us forward in a more gentle, heart opening way. WAY MORE about this later! xo all

5 comments

DancingMooney said...

I just wrote this big reply about not having all my eggs in one basket, and how it keeps me going back and forth from A to B, and how neither are thriving... this is true... but I worry about picking one of the two, because I like having more than one source of income (though I can't say it's working) - and I like being able to break things up a little, and have more than one thing to work on.

As I sat and typed, it became more clear that I could have all kinds of colored eggs, in my one basket... and that would be okay too. Maybe I should try to focus on THAT.

*sigh* Just trying to go with the flow, one day at a time...

How are you? Do you feel like you've hit the re-set button after all that jury duty?!

xoxo

Catherine Ivins said...

Hey girl- yes, sometimes we are just splitting stuff up in our heads that doesn't need to be split up!

Reset button - that's what I need. I have been so nostalgic lately!

I really want to write about jury duty but not sure I should, although the judge said we could talk it - I'll figure it out. xo

DancingMooney said...

I would love to hear about your experience but I can imagine if it might be hard to put into words... it'll come to you (or not) when the words are ready to flow. :)

KJ said...

You have the best art for your blog posts- I am in awe.

As I have known for a long time there is a difference between patience and waiting. I am lousy at waiting, but I have quite a bit of patience when working on most things. For me, it is not so much waiting for a table, it is all the other stuff I could be doing instead of waiting.

Or, for another perspective. Last week I called a neighbor to join me on my patio for a glass of wine. It was lovely. I bet you would be perfectly happy sitting on the patio sipping a glass of wine and watching the passers-by while waiting for that same table.

Catherine Ivins said...

I have a subscription to bigstockphoto Kathy.

wine while waiting - I think this could be a business - people could text us and we would show up with a glass of red wine ... and maybe I would sell them a necklace at the same time - double win for us Kathy - what do you think, you might have to move back to Jersey though or we could cover the east coast